Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What activities am I currently avoiding because they are out of my comfort zone?

There are a few activities that come to mind that I avoid because they are out of my comfort zone. The first one I am going to discuss is going to the gym. As funny as that sounds when I am going to school for a personal trainer that is one of the most uncomfortable things for me. I am very self conscious about my weight and feel very out of place and uncomfortable in the gym. I never realized till this winter how this affected me, but when it was to cold for me to walk or jog outside I struggled with the aspect of being in a gym around people who were fit and in shape. This is partly why I have chosen to go into this field. I know that I can not be the only person who is overweight that hates the gym. I want to be able to help these people who can't or are not comfortable in the gym. I also get uncomfortable in the gym not knowing the machines and having to ask someone for help. I always feel out of place and like I am asking stupid questions when I do ask for help. I know the trainers are more than happy to help but it still makes me uncomfortable not knowing what to do.


To Learn more about me and my journey you can find me on Facebook or Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment